IDM Youth Services Inc. (IDMYS) strives to provide safe and stable homes for at risk youth while offering all-inclusive care. We value building relationships with our persons served and strive to reduce their stress and provide continuity of care. We practice from a trauma informed lens with a person-centered scope and believe that all children and youth should be treated with dignity and respect.
At IDMYS we provide all-inclusive care in a residential setting to one of the most vulnerable populations; at-risk youth. All-inclusive care includes things such as cooking, cleaning, driving to and from appointments, offering emotional and behavioural support, and more! We offer care 24 hours a day, 365 days a week, and have a variety of shifts available, including live-in shifts and hourly shifts.
We are looking for dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping others and understand both the challenges and rewards of working with at-risk youth. If being a positive role-model while providing care and compassion in a residential setting interests you, we would love to hear from you!
About the Job:
IDMYS primarily operates in a live-in shift capacity. A live-in shift is billed at a flat daily rate and provides the employee with room and board for the duration of their shift. Shifts are typically 24 hours in length and include sleeping hours. Full time in a live-in shift capacity is considered to be three 24 hour shifts a week; anything less is considered to be part time.
Hourly shifts are also available but are not as common as live-in shifts. Full time in an hourly capacity is considered to be 40 hours a week; anything less is considered to be part time.
IDM Youth Services Inc. has regular opportunities for advancement and offers training certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
We are currently hiring for part-time and casual worker positions with potential for full-time.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Youth Support Worker is responsible for the following:
· Providing an environment that is safe, comfortable, and homelike.
· Attending to the daily functioning of the home, such as: cooking, cleaning, laundry, and driving.
· Supporting the person served in attending appointments and/or school, day programs, work, etc.
· Providing emotional and behavioural support when needed.
· Encouraging positive community involvement when applicable.
· Supporting the positive connections with family and friends when applicable.
· Communicating with external stakeholders as needed.
· Daily resident logging.
· Administering medications as needed
Compensation and hours:
24 hour shifts, 8:00AM – 8:00AM are paid at a flat daily rate of $215 ($245 for weekend shifts)
16 hour shifts, 4:00PM – 8:00PM are paid at a flat daily rate of $135 ($150 for weekend shifts)
Hourly shifts are paid at an hourly rate of $18.25
These are the initial starting wages and are negotiable based on education and experience.
Requirements of the job:
· Current First Aid (or willing to obtain)
· Current Food Safe (or willing to obtain)
· Class 5 Driver’s License
· Clean Criminal Record Check (completed with the agency.)
· Clearance through the Ministry Screening (completed with the agency.)
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (or willing to obtain – IDMYS provides internal training as well).
· TB Test
· Must be 19 years or older
· Experience working with at-risk youth and/or people who have experienced trauma and exhibit extreme behaviour, and have mental health diagnosis, etc.
· Experience administering and documenting daily medications.
· Experience working with suicide prevention and self-harm behaviour
· Completed, or are in the process of completing, a degree or diploma in a related field (education, psychology, child and youth care, counselling)
Health and Wellness:
IDMYS offers counselling services and a comprehensive benefits program through Benefits by Design – employees pay the long-term disability portion of the coverage and we cover the remainder of the monthly premium.
The Agency adherer’s to fair hiring practices and relevant legislation. The agency is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply for positions at all levels of employment in the Agency; management, leadership, direct service and support service positions.
Recruitment procedures will be free from discrimination and will attempt to attract the widest selection of qualified applicants possible.
We celebrate diversity.
IDM Youth Services Inc. values authentic connection and welcomes inclusive expression of self for both our employees and the people we serve. Empowerment and acceptance are the foundations we stand on to support our youth and essential to building a healthy, vibrant community.
Come join us.