The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Deputy Registrar and all other functions of the BCIA office. This is a permanent part-time clerical position of up to 29 hours per week, with the possibility of becoming full-time in the future. The position is during the business week with flexible hours and is located in Langford, BC. Salary is $21 per hour.
Clerical support for Deputy Registrar
· Complete administrative tasks relating to the articling program
· Update member information on database
· Compile member materials
· Assist with compilation and processing of applications
Clerical support of BCIA Office
· Reception duties
· Register registrants for events and process registrant fees
· Print and frame certificates
· Mail duties: preparing mail items, post office and mail distribution
· Maintain confidential records, files and archives as directed
· Order office supplies
· Order couriers upon request
· Contact members with non-functional emails or phone numbers to update
· Update member information in database
· Create multiple binders from a sample and supporting documents
· Assist with special projects as requested.
Required skills and qualifications:
· Competent in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Familiarity with databases is an asset
· Familiarity with Adobe Indesign® is an asset.
· Good writing and communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Typing speed of 40 wpm or better
· Works well in a small team environment
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· Willingness to learn
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Legally able to work in Canada.
· Office administration certificate/diploma or equivalent preferred.