Company: Versal Manufacturing Inc. o/a Landyachtz
Business Information: Landyachtz is a global leader in the longboard/skateboard industry. We believe in making quality skateboards that improve your life. Skateboarding makes life better, it is something to do with your friends, it’s a way of expressing yourself, a way to get outside, it’s fun, challenging and exciting. You do not need a membership, seasons pass or a vehicle to be a skateboarder, all you need is a board and your imagination.
Business Address: 1221 Glen Dr., Vancouver BC V6A 3M8
Work Location: same as above and other addresses throughout Vancouver based on meetings and events
Note: Telecommuting available during the pandemic
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Gather, research and prepare communications material
· Prepare and/or deliver educational, publicity and information programs, materials and sessions
· Prepare reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Website content and press releases
· Answer written and oral inquiries
· Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys
· Advise management on advertising or sales promotion strategies
· Develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies and programs
· Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
· Responsible for executing campaign requirements on Landyachtz’s main social media accounts. Including sub brands Bear Trucks and Hawgs Wheels with a focus on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
· Plan, deploy, curate, and manage all social media content (images, video and written) with support from content creation departments.
· Monitor and engage in brand related online conversations across all social channels boosting engagement with our audience.
· Develop strategies that drive traffic from social media to Landyachtz.com and report on the effectiveness of these campaigns.
· Monitor paid social campaign deployments to communicate with engagers and ensure objectives are being effectively reached.
· Develop initiatives to grow our social media presence and community through internal and external influencers programs and campaigns.
· Develop and grow a Social Media Ambassador program and manage ambassadors with the goal of reaching a wider audience in Hispanic countries.
· Bring creativity and inspired ideas for new social content, promotions, etc. that drive brand objectives.
· Monitor third party social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps to keep Landyachtz at the forefront of social media trends
· Report on the company’s social media performance across all channels and tracking campaign goals and KPIs.
· Organize and maintain digital assets in order to maximize usage of content being provided by the video, photo and graphics team.
· Contribute content to email marketing campaigns.
· Assist in the development of regular blog posts
· Ensure social content supports, our brand standards, web style guidelines and company environmental and social initiatives.
· Work with different departments within Landyachtz to research, develop, and understand company goals
· Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions (when the pandemic is over)
· Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes (when the pandemic is over)
· Until the COVID-19 health crisis passes: some responsibilities of the chosen candidate will be adjusted to include working from home.
- Education: A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in the social media or digital marketing sector is required, if candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate or other specialized training in community management or digital marketing is required.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing walking, Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability: Excellent written and oral communication, Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, judgement, Effective Interpersonal Skills, Team player, Organized
- Computer Applications: MS Word, MS Outlook
- Possess technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking.
- Experience using social media management software for managing content scheduling, handling interactions in real-time and measuring performance with the use of reporting tools is required.
- Experience on Adobe Creative Suite skills – Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Premiere etc. – to prepare content for posting and Project management and organization skills is required.
- Open to learning/feedbacks
- Understand the importance of a consistent brand voice.
- In-house experience coordinating social media channels for an action sports brand is a strong asset
- Experience in action sports and the outdoor community is a strong asset
- Experience volunteering with social programs is a strong asset
- Experience with Google Analytics, Mail Chimp, Social Tracking software and technical based social media assistance software/reporting tools is a strong asset.
- Interest in current events, trends and advancements in social media platforms is a strong asset.
- Is passionate about Skateboarding, biking, action sports and the outdoor community.
Salary: $28.85 - $30.00 hourly, 30-40 Hours per week
Benefits: Extended Health Care, Dental Insurance, Gear budget, Paid time off, Discount and RRSP
Important Information: Position requires flexibility in schedule. Monday to Friday. The candidate will work 6 to 8 hours between 9am and 5pm. Occasionally due to events and meeting projects the candidate will be requested to work extended hours and/or weekend work. We will also give flexibility and have security measures for the worker during the pandemic.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 1221 Glen Dr., Vancouver BC V6A 3M8