Working hours: 30-40 hours per week.
Wage: Basic Wage is $25 per hour.
Location of Work: 1540 Cedar Hill Cross Rd, Victoria, BC V8P 2P4
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
· Hire staff and supervise training.
· Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food.
· Set goals, tracking and rewarding employee performance
· Responsible for solving staffing issues.
· Deal with customer complaints
· Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards.
· Ensure employment laws, liquor regulations and health and safety rules are followed
· Arrange suppliers and order food and other supplies
· Arrange catering and outside use of facilities
· Responsible for managing budgets, pricing and payroll with the owner-operator.
· Responsible for paperwork related to taxes and wages together with the owner-operator.
· Assist the owner-operator/general manager to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate restaurant operations.
· Assist the owner-operator to set operating procedures.
· Together with restaurant owner to determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures.
· Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
· Ensure that the restaurant and all staffs follow health and safety regulations.
· Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
· Negotiate arrangements with clients for catering or use of facilities for banquets or receptions.
· Handle social media and online reviews.
· Manage budgets, pricing and payroll
· Develop marketing and public relations plans
Qualifications and skills:
· A university degree is required.
· Minimum 1 year supervisory and management experience in the restaurant or food service sector is required.
· Language of work: English is mandatory, Mandarin or Cantonese as asset