· Hire staff and supervise training.
· Set staff schedules.
· Set goals, tracking and rewarding employee performance
· Responsible for solving staffing issues.
· Deal with customer complaints
· Ensure employment laws, liquor regulations and health and safety rules are followed
· Arrange suppliers and order food and other supplies
· Arrange catering and outside use of facilities
· Responsible for managing budgets, pricing and payroll with the owner-operator.
· Responsible for paperwork related to taxes and wages together with the owner-operator.
· Assist the owner-operator to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the restaurant and Bar and other food and beverage services.
· Assist the owner-operator to set operating procedures.
· Together with restaurant owner to determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures.
· Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
· Ensure that the restaurant and all staffs follow health and safety regulations.
· Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
· Negotiate arrangements with clients for catering or use of facilities for banquets or receptions.
· Handle social media and online reviews.
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position; 35 hours per week.
Daily working hours: 11:00-14:30 and 17:00-21:00
Basic Wage is $26 per hour.
Location of Work: Victoria, BC
Qualifications and skills:
· A university degree or college diploma is required.
· Several years of experience in the restaurant or food service sector, including supervisory experience is required.