- JOB POSTING – GENERAL MANAGERThe General Manager (GM) will assist the Quatsino Economic Development Board in achieving their vision by identifying, investigating and pursuing economic opportunities for the Quatsino people. The GM will determine and formulate policies and provide the overall direction of the current and future companies operating under the umbrella of the Quatsino First Nations Economic Development Limited Partnership (QEDLP). The GM will plan, direct and coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management, with the help of subordinate staff, under the direct supervision of the Board of Directors of QEDLP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Direct and coordinate the organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency.
Confer with board members, organization officials, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities and resolve problems.
· Assist with existing or new negotiations
· Identify sectorial opportunities for economic development, mine support, forestry and tourism as well as identify and pursue other joint ventures
· Analyze operations to evaluate performance of the operations and staff in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction; improve potential or change policies and procedures.
· Direct, plan and implement policies, objectives and activities of existing businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximise returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
· Serve as liaison with outside organizations between the Board, Chief & Council and the community.
· Review and analyze legislation, laws and public policy, and recommend changes to promote and support the interests and well being of both the community and special interest groups.
· Negotiate and/or approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal and provincial governments or agencies, and other organizational entities.
· Review reports or suggestions submitted by staff members to recommend approval or suggest changes.
· Work collaboratively with both Union and non-Union staff and employees.
· Certificate, diploma, undergraduate or graduate degree in business, finance or related study preferred but transferable experience considered an asset
· Experience working in the natural resource and business environment
· A working understanding of forestry practice and policy considered an asset
· Experience managing and working with both Union and non-Union employees
· Strong financial skills including experience working with accounting software such as Simply Accounting, ACCPACand Excel
· Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to deliver both oral and written reports
· Results oriented problem-solving skills and human resource management
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to give and take constructive criticism and direction
· Must have good knowledge and practice of BC Labour practices and policies
· Strong organizational and decision-making skills
Salary and Benefits - TBD
Depending on qualifications and experience, the QEDLP offer an attractive salary and benefits package. A clean criminal record check and six months probation are conditions of permanent employment
Applying (Email Preferred)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter, including three (3) recent references, quoting the General Manager position to:
Board of Directors
Quatsino Economic Development LP
322 Quattishe Road
Coal Harbour, BC, V0N 1K0
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be received by 4:00 pm on January 11, 2021.
*Please note that ONLY those selected for an interview will be contacted*