The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) is looking for a Deployment Program Assistant to work full-time out of the Colwood location. Expected shifts will be based on program requirements and will include evenings and weekends. Under the direction of the Deployment Coordinator, the Deployment Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting in providing all levels of deployment support to military families.
Who are we? The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for the military community and their families, which address the unique challenges of the military family lifestyle and will result in an enhanced quality of life.
We offer a positive work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package (after completion of the probationary period) including an extended Health, Dental, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance program, and a RRSP program after one year of employment (1950 hours). Other perks include paid sick leave and professional development opportunities.
If you take pride in your work, care about providing for our Military families, and embrace an environment supportive of learning, then the MFRC is the place for you!
A criminal record check will be required as a condition of employment for this position.
A copy of the full job description can be found under the “About Us” → “Careers” tab on our website www.esquimaltmfrc.com.
Please send us your resume with an accompanying cover letter describing how your experience meets the skills and requirements of the MFRC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Competition #82 in the subject line of your email application in order to be considered. A review of resumes will begin immediately, and the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To succeed in this role, you have:
· College level education in the areas of social services, or community development or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Ability to network with community resources
· Excellent interpersonal and assessment skills
· Sensitivity and tact in dealing with people under stressful conditions
· Team player
· Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
· Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
· Knowledge of the unique challenges of the military family lifestyle and proficiency in French are considered an asset