Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Child Care Supervisor, the Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECE/ECEA) Substitute will work directly within the early childhood programs, providing high quality care and creative programming for children in a group setting. Working in collaboration with the child care team, ECE/ECEA Substitutes are responsible for supporting children from 10 months to 5 years of age. They will ensure that children are well-supervised and provided with developmentally appropriate and fun programming options, in keeping with play-based curriculum/philosophy.
This role is classified as a casual position. This casual position is entitled to an individual YMCA-YWCA membership.
• To read, understand and follow all YMCA-YWCA policies and procedures related to the guidance and care of children
• To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA-YWCA and CCFL standards, including play-based curriculum standards
• To interact directly with the children, facilitating a healthy learning environment
• To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships within the community
• To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA-YWCA requirements
• To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff
• To work effectively and as an active member of the staff team, assisting with other duties and responsibilities as required
• To attend professional development sessions and other trainings as required
• To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms
• To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian
To view the FULL job posting, including Responsibilities, Qualifications, and application Instructions, visit: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/jobs-at-the-y/
• Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator Assistant License to Practice in BC required
• Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
• Strong written, verbal and communication skills
• High level of organization and customer service skills
• Current First Aid and CPR certification required
• A clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
• A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required*
*Note: Cost reimbursed after successful completion of the probationary period.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island