Westshore Centre | 250-478-9525
Sooke Centre | 250-642-3685
We understand that these are challenging times, and we are here to help you.
Refer to Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan for a full listing of supports, resources, updates and links.
- Apply for EI –Learn More
- Apply for CERB – Learn More
- BC Temporary Rental Supplement (BC-TRS) Program – Learn more
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) and Canada Student Service Grant (CSSG) – Learn more
- B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers – Learn more
- Children & Youth with Special Needs – Learn more
Increased Canada Child Benefit – Learn more
- Climate Action Tax Credit – Learn more
- Special GST credit payment – Learn More
- Support for Indigenous communities – Learn more
- New Horizons for Seniors Program – Learn more
- CRA Outreach Resources for Newcomers & Refugees – Refugees or Newcomers
- Homelessness support – Learn more
- Deferrals of bills, mortgages:
- BC Hydro You may be eligible for three months of bill credit. You can also arrange bill payment plans or allow bills to be deferred during this time with no penalty. Contact: 1-800-224-9376 or apply online to arrange.
- ICBC will defer payments for 90 days without penalty.
- Fortis BC will defer payments for 3 months. Apply online or call 1-888-292-4104 (natural gas), 1-888-292-4105 (electricity).
- TELUS offering flexible payment options for customers affected financially by COVID 19. Visit their website or call TELUS Mobility at 1-866-558-2273 or TELUS Home Services at 1-888-811-2323.
- Extra time to file income tax returns – Learn more
- Mortgages: Call or check online with your personal bank or financial institution for services to defer mortgage payments or other financial hardships caused by a disruption in income from COVID-19.
Local Community Resources
- Westshore and Sooke Residents Resources – Learn more
- Shelters currently open – Learn more
- Sexual Health Clinics currently open – Learn more
- BC Transit and Trans Link is offering free boarding on buses – Learn more
- Parking is free at all health authority owned/operated hospitals – Learn more
- Family Care Giver Online Support – Learn more
- Senior Support: Grocery or prescription pick up, meal prep and virtual visits – Register or sign up as a volunteer
- Victoria Community Emergency Food Delivery – Learn More
- Victoria Online Community Food Bank – Learn More
- Victoria Online Community Support Page – Learn More
Visit Canadian Business Resilience Network full listing of supports, resources, updates and links.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
Other Helpful Links
- Webinars to advance training for Indigenous entrepreneurs – Learn more
- Mental Health Help Lines – Learn more
- DWA RoadMap for Economic Support for Canadian individuals affected by COVID-19
- Protect you and your family from COVID-19 online fraud – Learn more
- DWA RoadMap for Economic Support for Canadian Businesses affected by COVID-19
- Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Free online learning for adults and children / youth – Learn more
- CRA Benefits Information – Outreach Support Links or Benefits