- WorkLink Employment Society is committed to protecting personal information about our clients, employees and funders. Our goal is to maintain the highest quality of service and integrity in all of our dealings. To that end, we will only collect, store, use and disclose personal information as needed to:
- provide the services required by our clients and funders, including the establishment and maintenance of our relationship with our clients and funders;
- establish, maintain or terminate relationships with our employees;
- administer our business; or
- meet legal, regulatory or statutory requirements.
We will inform the individual from whom personal information is being collected of our purposes and ensure such individuals have consented to our collection, use, storage or disclosure of the personal information for the purposes we have indicated.
When possible, we will collect any required personal information directly from the individual to whom it pertains. We will not collect, use, store or disclose an individual's personal information except in accordance with the law.
- Definition of Personal Information:
- Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual and includes;
- Name, Social Insurance Number (SIN), address, contact information, age, sex, race, disability
- Income source
- Employment and educational history
- Information regarding the individual's circumstances (case management notes) and Internet browsing logs.
- Personal information excludes business contact information such as title, business telephone and fax numbers, street and e-mail addresses.
- Any enquiries or concerns with regard to the personal information we have about individuals or about the application of this policy should be directed to Debbie Aadland, our Privacy Officer at 250-478-9525 or email@example.com.
- We make every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the personal information we collect, store, use and disclose. Individuals wishing to access or correct the personal information we have about them should contact us at the above referenced number or e-mail address.
- Individuals who have given consent for us to collect, use, store or disclose personal information have the right to withdraw that consent at any time on giving us written or oral notice.
- We protect the personal information in our custody and control with safeguards appropriate to its sensitivity.
- Employee/Funder information
- Includes personal information about an individual that we collect, use or disclose solely for purposes related to establishing, maintaining or terminating either the employment or the contract arrangement.
- When collecting such information, we identify the purpose for which the information is being collected, used and disclosed and, where necessary, obtain consent.
You can visit the WorkLink Employment Society website without revealing your name or any personal information about yourself. However, we monitor the number of visits and time spent on this website so as to provide an indication of its helpfulness.
- Unsolicited resumes: When received, these are destroyed without being reviewed.
- Solicited resumes: When received, these are
evaluated, acted upon and stored for twelve months from
the date of receipt.
Our website also has fields for collecting e-mail addresses of visitors who wish to supply us with this information. This information will only be used to respond to your requests. If you wish to have your name removed from any listing, please write or e-mail us:
WorkLink Employment Society
2234 Sooke Road, Victoria, British Columbia V9B 1X1
The WorkLink Employment Society website contains links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy, practices or contents of these other sites.