Are you passionate about working with people to help them increase their employability?
The WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting a part-time, Job Coach. This position works up to 28 hours per week on a variable schedule, and may include evenings, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate client and employer schedules. This position will work primarily out of our Jacklin Road office located in the Westshore and at various employer sites. This is a term position to March 31, 2020, with the possibility of extension subject to continued funding.
About The Position:
The Job Coach plays a crucial role in providing services directly to all eligible clients as part of the job sustainment services. The position assists employers and clients with workplace orientations and task instruction to ensure success. The Job Coach ensures all individually designed services and supports that the client requires for success are provided through the job coaching process, while minimizing dependency on ongoing job coaching and maximizing independence; and ensuring a transition to natural supports, specific to each client and employer. At the core of this position, the Job Coach supports clients in job search activities and promotes clients (multi-barriered and disabilities) to employers to generate job leads and secure sustainable employment, wage subsidy contracts, unpaid work experiences, community attachment, and on the job training/coaching. The Job Coach must ensure that all clients will have access to high quality services.
The Job Coach’s main responsibilities include:
- Assist clients to learn/accurately carry out job duties, provide one-on-one client tailored on the job training and job coaching.
- Develop individual client-focused marketing plans (job/ employer marketing strategies, stressing the, abilities, success and strengths of the client through informational interviews, job shadowing, volunteering and training on the job).
- Liaise with employers to build relationships and generate appropriate leads for sustainable employment outcomes.
- Provide on the job coaching and follow-up support to clients and employers, while supporting sustained employment.
- Provide support to employers and clients with respect to disability awareness-building, job adaptations, social support, problem-solving, and the development of natural supports to allow the job coach to phase out of direct involvement.
- Provide the Community Relations /LMI Coordinator with labour market information related to clients/employers as required.
- Work collaboratively with Case Managers to promote client needs, strengths and employment goals.
- Work flexible hours to assist client offsite on job placements, including evenings and weekends.
- Work as a member of the Customized Employment Development (CED) client services team to support clients working with Case Managers (discovery activities, job coaching, monitor unpaid work experience, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to conduct assessments, interviews and guide participants.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of local labour market.
- Communications and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills.
- Professional and responsible with sensitive and confidential situations.
- Superior verbal/written skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Post-Secondary diploma or certificate in related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in assessing complex client needs in specialized areas, such as physical limitations, developmental disabilities, cognitive, social and emotional barriers.
- Delivering Customized Employment, job coaching and development services.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Previous experience maintaining successful relationships with community groups, employers, government/referral agencies.
Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 16th, 2019 at 4:00pm.
We appreciate all applications; however only those short listed will be contacted.
WorkLink values the diversity of the people it hires and serves… we foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized and respected, while utilizing each person’s talents and strengths.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.