T’Sou-ke First Nation Fisheries department is looking for two Technicians.
This position is a temporary position, 40 hours per week. March 8th, 2021-March 14th, 2021.
This work will require working weekends.
The Technicians will report directly to the Band Administrator.
Please submit your resume to the Band Administrator. Position will remain open until filled.
Pursuant to the Aboriginal Employment Preference Program, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
We appreciate all resumes but only those interviewed will be notified.
Smolt Project: The T’Sou-ke First Nations Fisheries Project will construct, install and operate a smolt trap. Training is fish identification and handling as well as trap maintenance will be provided.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Construction of smolt trap;
- Installation of a smolt trap in the river;
- Operation of smolt trap;
- Fish Handling;
- Accurate record keeping;
- Fish handling knowledge
- Experience with varied capture, tagging, and sampling methodology
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License and Clean Driver's Abstract
- Flexibility and ability to work within a team environment, initiative and respect.