The Site Specialist is responsible for maintaining an occupancy rate of 100% and administration of all site requirements. This is achieved through demonstrating excellent skills in: tenant relations, communication, sales, administration and organization.
- Show and rent vacant suites in the building with the goal of maintaining an occupancy rate of 100%.
- Conduct apartment tours for prospective tenants.
- Follow-up by phone with prospective tenants within 24 hours of an apartment tour. Record and address any objections. Report findings to the Operations Manager / Site Manager.
- Screen qualifying prospective tenants following CAPREIT process and procedures.
- Ensure the Tenancy Agreement and all other documents are correctly prepared and
- Conduct move-in/ move-out inspections.
- Maintain an accurate account of suite availability. Examine the Snapshot Vacancy Report, from SAP, on a daily basis to keep track of available
- Conduct regular inspections of vacant
- Maintain an accurate record of prospective residents including proper filing of all paperwork.
- Follow proper procedures when giving out and tracking keys for the
- Ensure new tenants are correctly entered into the system including their lease dates, rent payments, name on rent rolls.
- Maintain an effective system of rent collection and conduct follow‐ups when payments are not made on the due date. Record and notify tenants of returned
- Review the A/R Report, from SAP system, on a weekly
- Advise the Operations Manager / Site Manager about tenant arrears and issues, and building issues.
- Communicate tenant and building issues to site staff.
- Take action regarding renewal status (terminating tenancy, confirming yearly renewals
- Distribute the necessary forms for tenant transfers, assignments and special terminations, and ensure that the tenant’s LMR is processed correctly.
- Conduct purchasing functions for materials in SAP to facilitate day to day business and suite turnovers, etc.
- Coordinate Site
- Deliver building notices.
- Initiate and follow legal and collection proceedings as required. Issues statements and/or discrepancy letters, issue proper legal notices for unpaid rents and when necessary, provide the solicitor with accurate information for court
- Correspond with sheriff regarding evictions and accompany sheriff during suite inspections/evictions.
- Adhere to company administration
- Ensure all paperwork and records are properly maintained and filed.
- Maintain a high level of tenant satisfaction when addressing tenant relations issues.
- May be required to respond to on-call after hours emergencies.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Outstanding customer relations skills
- Background in Sales
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills
- Outgoing, people oriented personality
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi task
- Flexible working hours
- Contribute to team atmosphere
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite