Who We Are:
The Green Kiss is a Canadian Green Beauty Company committed to inspiring our communities to use the healthiest and most effective personal care products possible.
Our mission is to lovingly empower Canadians to take care of their skin, bodies and families with products that are healthy and effective both for themselves and the environment. For those new to green beauty, the principle goal is to reduce the toxic load that many may be unintentionally applying to their bodies, and in turn washing down into our ecosystems.
We foster the growth and popularity of truly healthy beauty and personal care products, and inspire those around us to take care of their skin and bodies with products that are that are safe, natural and effective. This is driven by our core mission which is three-fold:
To reduce the amount of toxic chemicals (also known as the chemical body burden) that people unknowingly apply to their skin
To inspire our community to fall in love with taking care of themselves with products they feel good about, and
To deliver these things to our customers while providing incredible results through our products.
Who You Are:
Customer service truly excites you and you excel at sales. Skin care and makeup have been interests of yours since you were young. You are passionate about health and wellness and you seek out any chance you get to know your community and build new relationships. You get excited to make people happy, to care for them in a way where they feel seen and heard, and you get excited to get the chance to help improve the health of their skin and the environment around them.
You get a thrill out of going above and beyond to make a customer’s day. You excel at doing this, and you go at it all while keeping the business’s best interests at heart. You live your life on a daily basis looking for ways to positively impact others. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and excel at fostering strong relationships with others. You are outgoing and love meeting new people and making connections. You get a thrill connecting people you met to solutions or other people who will help them in their life.
You are looking for work in an environment that is filled with positivity, growth opportunities, and incentives where you are rewarded for your hard work and the results you provide the business.
You are positive, and optimistic (yet realistic too) and you tend to see the glass half full.
You are a go-getter. You like achieving things, crossing off to-do lists, and seriously going after sales targets in an orderly and determined fashion. It excites you to work for a business that “love” (as cheesy as it sounds) is its driving force.
You live and breathe being a part of a team in a growing and fast paced small business environment where every action you take makes impact.
You have an immaculate ability to pay attention to detail and to capture and store information in order to help with customer service. You are a self starter and you take initiative. You know that a good attitude is the key to life. You are punctual and enjoy creating beautiful spaces.
A Day In The Life:
• You are the sole sales and customer experience lead at The Green Kiss. Your responsibility is to maintain and grow the happiness of our community of customers.
• You work alongside our Owner, our Operations Lead, and our IT/Webmaster – a busy, small, and extremely dedicated team
• Your day to day #1 task is to assist our community members in finding solutions to their skin care, health and makeup needs
• You work closely with the store’s owner to set, achieve and report sales targets
• You achieve this through the use of your excellent customer service skills and communications via our various revenue streams including: in person sales at our brick and mortar, phone consults, email communications and consults, online customer service “chat app”, instagram messaging, and occasionally zoom and/or FaceTime skin care and makeup consultations.
• You sell, educate and teach through the company vision, mission and core values.
• You are on the physical sales floor and digital sales floor 5 days a week, bouncing back and forth between both.
• You are accountable for all areas of guest experience
• You are responsible for booking training sessions with suppliers and growing and learning new product knowledge each and every day.
• You are responsible for the cleanliness, sanitization, restocking and merchandising of the physical brick and mortar store.
• You support in leading a profitable store by enrolling the entire team to achieve your sales plan; you utilize company tools to strategically plan sales targets
• Under the direction of the store owner, you perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
• You sell, educate and teach, hitting daily, monthly and yearly sales targets, and you are compensated when you do.
• You are responsible for the customer experience for every community member that walks through the door, emails, calls, messages us on Instagram and Facebook on all days that you are on schedule, and you oversee the management of this on the days that you are not at the HQ.
• You look for ways to reach out and serve our community using our customer database in regards to new arrivals that will help them, digital events, and promotions.
• You go all in when you are at GK HQ.
• You are responsible for customer service regarding any unsatisfied customers, or product returns. You follow company policy and understand that you must keep the business’s best interest at heart, while helping solve your customer’s issue and making them happy.
What We Offer:
• Full time position based in Victoria BC
• A competitive base wage of between $17-$22 an hour based on relevant work experience
• Performance based sales commissions and/or bonuses after 3 month training/trial period. You will be directly rewarded for your hard work.
• Free Parking
• 40% Off Staff Discount + 20% Off Family Discount
• 40% Off Discount at ____ store – The Good Planet Company
• Uptown Staff Discount at participating stores
• A work environment where you are encouraged to grow and learn every day
• Bonus incentives and gifts from various vendors
• Possibility for extended health benefits after 6+ months of work
• Use of on site showers at Uptown if biking to work
Work Schedule Requirements:
• Full Time Position. Flexibility of total hours each week between 35 – 40.
• Work Week of Wednesday – Sunday
• Work days will be 6 – 8 hours a day, including but not limited to shifts of: 9am – 5pm, 10am – 6pm, or 11:00am – 5:00pm
• Expectation of working longer hours a couple of times a year on large promotional days.
How To Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter **cover letter is a MUST**, addressed to Megan Johns, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday January 20th, 2021. Only applicants selected for a first interview will be contacted.
• You have an absolute passion for customer service. It lights you up to deliver an exceptional experience for guests, and to get rewarded for it through their reviews and gratification, as well as company incentives
• You integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working (aka you don't take yourself too seriously)
• You acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life
• You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results
• You communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same
• You lead with courage
• You foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
• 3 years+ customer service and sales experience
• Interest and background in health and wellness
• Basic understanding of makeup and skincare application, but a keen passion for what we do here
• High school diploma or GED preferred; completion of post-secondary education will be considered an asset
Our Ideal Candidate Also Has:
• 1-2 years management experience in customer service.
• Experience with digital selling/communication platforms including Shopify, Mail, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, Chatra
• Extensive background in health, skincare and/or makeup
• Experience working with natural skincare and cosmetics