The Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) is seeking applicants for a Casual-on-Call Library Assistant to work at our Sooke branch.
The Library Assistant performs clerical tasks and routines assigned by the Circulation Supervisor to provide customers with access to good library service. These tasks are carried out under the supervision of the Circulation Supervisor and within the regional library’s policies, procedures, standards and resources. The Library Manager is responsible for all the activities in the branch.
All duties and responsibilities are directly aligned with the Mission, Vision and Values and Strategic Plan of the Vancouver Island Regional Library.
This position closes on March 6, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Your cover letter should clearly identify how you have the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this position.
Required Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 Graduation (Dogwood Diploma or equivalent).
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with the public (all ages).
- Working knowledge of books and print and online informational material.
- Basic knowledge of information services technology, including the ability to use the Internet and standard electronic references resource.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, applications software and interfaces.
You are required to have a valid BC Driver’s License and will also be required to satisfactorily complete a Criminal Record Check (Working with Children & Vulnerable Adults.)