Portofino Bakery is looking for Delivery Drivers to add to our team!
At Portofino Bakery, Drivers are responsible for delivering a daily route which is made up of 20-30 customer orders in a geographical area. Our customers range from the small independently owned Coffee Shop to large Grocery Retailers. Our drivers will follow the specific delivery instructions laid out for each customer while providing excellent customer service.
We are delivering great product, so our customers are always happy to see us! Sometimes we are dropping off orders and getting signatures, other times we are merchandising our customers shelves, recording stock counts, and issuing credits. We drive 1-ton cube trucks, no additional licensing is required. Driving experience is great, but above all we are looking for someone with a great attitude and strong work ethic.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring our orders are delivered in a safe and timely manner
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Efficient organization and merchandising of customer orders when required.
- Understanding routes and following procedures for each customer.
- Arriving on time and ready to work.
- Be able to start work between 2:30am-4:00am
- Be in good physical shape and have the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Have great availability.
- Have no major infractions on drivers abstract in the past 3 years (IE: DUI, Excessive Speed, License Suspension) and a Class 5 Drivers License.
- Have transportation to work during times where public transit does not operate.
- $18.50 starting wage
- Opportunity to earn up to $1040 bonus every 6 months based on performance.
- Medical & Dental benefits including Life Insurance after 6 months.
- Access to “staff bread” to take home
- Opportunity for advancement
- Paid Training
- Uniforms Provided