(This position is funded by Service Canada)
Hours: Term: 10 weeks, will be based on funding from Service Canada. This is a part-time, 28 hours per week, position. Applicants must be available to work weekends and evenings.
Starting Pay Rate: $17.85 per hour
Start Date: June 24, 2020 (ending August 30, 2020)
Supervisor: Shelter Program Managers
Additional Information: Satisfactory completion of a criminal records search and a valid driver’s license are requirements of the position.
Job Summary: To provide appropriate activities for children residing in Transition House.
Reports To: Supervision will be provided by the Shelter Program Manager & Children’s Counsellor.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Organizing field trips for small groups of children staying at Transition House
- Providing suitable craft projects, outdoor games and quiet inside activities for children in residence
- Assisting mothers with feeding, bathing and general care of the children
- Meeting regularly with the Children and Women’s Team to exchange information regarding the needs of the children in the house
- Record-keeping, recording in logs, maintaining resident files, and attendance at staff and resident meetings
Duties could also include a special project such as updating resource materials for children and/or parents, preparing special themed activity materials, and being of assistance in meeting needs identified by Children’s Team.
Qualifications: Currently enrolled in post-secondary academic program and must be returning to University in the 2017-2018 academic year
Education Training and Experience: Second year of Child Care program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employability Job Skills Addressed: Communication skills; experience in working within a team approach; flexibility, creativity, initiative, problem solving, projects and tasks.
Sharde Long, Human Resources Manager