Employment Opportunities with Commissionaires Victoria
$500 signing bonus for applicants with an existing security license! *
A CAREER YOU CAN COUNT ON
Do you take pride in keeping people and property safe? Are you able to work a variety of shifts if needed? Then you could be one of our superstars!
As one of the top security company’s in Canada, we frequently promote from within, and we are always on the lookout for responsible, top performers who want to advance their careers. Our reputation is built by our 20,000+ security professionals – with varied backgrounds, including responsible citizens, students, seniors, ex police and military—of all ages.
Our security professionals keep airports, schools, government facilities and many other commercial enterprises safe. We also work with police departments and municipalities to provide assistance in keeping Canadians safe. Reach your full potential today!
- Flexible part and full time employment in variety of job sites.
- Opportunities for advancement and in-house training.
- Group-life, medical & dental coverage after 6 months.
- Free uniform and dry cleaning reimbursement.
- Paid sick, vacation and personal needs time-off.
- RRSP contributions.
*Signing bonus for licensed guards after 6 months of full time work (averaging 30 hours per week or more)
Preference will be given to applicants who possess a valid B.C. security workers licence and can work a variety of shifts – afternoons and nights as required.
Possession of a valid B.C. driver’s licence, fluency in another language, military or police experience, or experience in the security industry are assets.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public.
- Provide access control and security foot patrols as needed.
- Proactively respond to and resolve emergency situations and conflicts.
- Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures.
- Communicate problems or concerns to the site supervisor, and maintain logs as needed.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities.
- Have knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations.
- Perform all duties with high safety standards.
- Employment Type
Location: Various static sites (union and non-union)
Reports to: Site Supervisor or Ops Center Manager
Management / Non-Management: Non-Management
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be minimum 19 years of age.
- Must be physically fit and able to stand and walk patrols.
- Must be able to work evenings and nights as needed.
- Must be able to work in a range of weather conditions throughout shift.
- Must possess a valid B.C. security workers licence, or be willing to complete the Basic Security training.
- Must be fluent in the English language - written, verbal and reading skills.
- Must have a positive attitude, and strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing.
- Have excellent problem solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
- Have a demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.