Are you passionate about making a difference?
The WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting a full-time, Finance Department Supervisor. This position works up to 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) in our Jacklin Road office and provides support to team members located in the Westshore and Sooke offices; with a salary range of $30.15 – 32.97 hourly. Join us and experience everything the community offers as you, live, work and play in the beautiful Pacific Coast setting.
About The Society:
WorkLink has provided government sponsored employment services to the residents of the Victoria Capital Region’s Westshore (Colwood, Langford, Highlands, View Royal and Metchosin) since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide Indigenous outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Beecher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC, which is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community.
We empower our employees to achieve great things and are proud to offer:
- Accelerated vacation entitlement
- Competitive wage & health benefits packages
- Flex day eligibility
- Pets In the workplace
- Relocation package for successful candidates
- Staff computer incentive program
- Strong workplace culture
- Supported work/life balance
About The Position:
The Finance Department Supervisor, in consultation with the Executive Director, as a member of the WorkLink supervisory team provides financial oversight, risk management and quality control related to all contracted service deliverables. The Finance Department Supervisor contributes to the overall success of the Society by effectively overseeing the financial requirements for the organization. This position directs the supervision of all accounting department staff; prepares year-end financials for Auditor to review; drafts financial statements; and provides a monthly report on all financial activity for the Board and external funders. The Finance Department Supervisor’s main financial services responsibilities include:
- Assists with the generation of projections related to the WorkBC Contract (client access, client service, financial supports, client milestones, and sustained outcomes).
- Oversight of financial requirements related to contracts, including monitoring and reporting.
- Prepares budgets for all Society responses to external funding applications.
- Prepares year-end books for auditor to review and draft financial statements.
- Provides a monthly report on all financial activity for the board and external funders.
- Provides subject matter expertise on processes related to financial accountability/systems.
- Strong knowledge of social enterprise cycle to generate new revenues in order to diversify funding base
- Supports strategic partnership development, resulting in meeting investment objectives and enhancing Society value.
- Works with the management team to confirm all client projection, analysis, targets/outcomes linked to each funding stream.
- Works with management to provide financial support for the annual agency Quality Management Plan, ensuring compliance with funding agreements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to interpret contract and policy requirements;
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to simplify and explain complex financials;
- Experience/knowledge of the payables/receivables cycle;
- Expertise in fund accounting, government grants—ideally, experience with WorkBC contracts;
- Familiarity with the BC Societies Act, and CRA regulations that govern a charity and non-profit;
- Financial projection expertise in respect to social enterprise and/or WorkBC financial management would be an asset;
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills;
- Knowledge of partnership development and ability to work cooperatively with partner agencies; and
- Providing monthly financial reports to Board and Funders.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience administering financial services including budget preparation, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, payroll, accounts payables/receivables, audit activities, financial procedures, and other related functions.
- A minimum five (5) years of progressive supervisory/leadership experience in a not-for-profit and charity setting.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check must be completed prior to start of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Accounting or Finance) along with a professional accounting designation preferred.
- Experience with WorkBC’s Integrated Case Management (ICM) and Contract and Financial Management System (CFMS).
- Previous experience with modernization of payroll and other accounting systems a definite asset.
- Proficiency with full Microsoft Office Suite and SAGE accounting software, with the ability to learn/adapt to new software.
- Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume to Dawna Day at email@example.com, no later than Friday, June 5, 2020 at 4:00pm. Please include the position title in the email subject line.