If you are interested in working with children and youth and making a difference in their lives this is the job for you!
We are currently hiring for a variety of positions that involve live in-shifts (ie. 24 hour shifts). You live at the house and sleep when the youth sleep We can explain more if interested.
We are looking for employees who have education and/or experience in a related field including but not limited to: education, psychology, child and youth care, sociology, social work, trauma-informed practice, non-violent crisis intervention, etc.
Salary/Pay: $202-$235 per day
IDM Youth Services Inc. is always growing and expanding – so we are hiring often! We are a dynamic group of supportive individuals who are committed to providing all inclusive care to some of the most ‘at risk’ youth in the area. Please see our website for further information regarding who we are and what we do – www.idmyouthservices.ca
1. Criminal record check
2. A vehicle and a class 5 BC Drivers License with Driver's Abstract
3. Valid first aid and Foodsafe certification (or willing to get this within 3 months upon hire)
4. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training via Mandt System (or willing to get this within 3 months upon hire - internal training available)
Preferential experience includes applicants who have:
* Experience working with at-risk youth and/or people who have experienced trauma, exhibit extreme behavior, have cognitive delays, mental health diagnosis, etc.
* Experience administering and documenting daily medication
* Experience working with suicide prevention and self-harm behavior* Completed (or are in the process of completing) a degree or diploma in an applicable field (education, psychology, child and youth care, counselling, etc.)
If you are interested in working with us we would love to hear from you!