Program (Fitness) and Membership Staff
Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA (View Royal, BC)
Position: Permanent Part-Time
Placement: September 2019
Wage: $15.55 per hour
Vacancy # 1
Vacancy # 2
Nature and Scope:
The Program (Fitness) and Membership Staff is a combination position consisting of Membership Sales and Service with Personal Training/Individual Conditioning (on the fitness floor). A key function of this role is to assist individual members with their fitness programs in a positive and professional manner as well as provide excellence in customer service, sales and support to all members, participants and the general public. Some Program (Fitness) and Membership Staff responsibilities could include leading a regular group fitness class. This position requires the flexibility to work weekdays, weekends, statutory holidays and opening/closing shifts as required.
Permanent part-time positions are entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days pro-rated vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
- Medical (MSP coverage; eligible after one month)
- Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after two years of continuous service)
- Perform member orientations to the fitness facility
- Maintain detailed, accurate transaction and cash handling procedures and records
- Efficient registration of members and course participants using software (training provided)
- Develop and retain a high level of product knowledge (information on YMCA-YWCA membership, programs, services, and camps)
- Maintain an atmosphere of achievement that inspires self and others to succeed
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Assist with training new staff/volunteers in procedures and practices
- Effectively support the operation of the facility, including opening and closing procedures
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the overall operation of the Health and Fitness Centre, including performing other duties as assigned
- YMCA Personal Training certificate or equivalent required
- YMCA Group Fitness certification or equivalent certification is an asset
- Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects and under pressure with tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, registration software experience (will registration software training)
- Grade 12 completion is required and post-secondary education (completion or in progress) is preferred
- Excellent organizational, customer service and relationship-building skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.