Position Start Date: Immediate.
Working Hours Day Shift Monday to Friday between 10am to 5:30pm (shifts are 5-6 hrs)
Wage $13 hourly for training, 2 weeks – $13.50 there after.
Job Type: 3 Month Contract, Part Time. Renewal available for another contact term.
* High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
* Drivers Licence
* Food Safe Certificate
Sea Salt Packaging & Production Worker
Saltwest Naturals – Sooke, BC
A rapidly growing sea salt manufacturer has an immediate opening for a contract part-time Sea Salt Packager to work fixed/flexible shift work for day/afternoon shifts. The worker will work with machines & pack the food & bath salt into bags and boxes for shipment, and maintain daily quotas & QC product standards. This position also requires that the commercial kitchen and production room area be kept clean during shift as well as at the end of shift. This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
• Responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product,materials, and supplies.
• Follow the required company SOP’s, GMP’s, and Health and Safety Standards
• Prepare the packaging line for operation by filing the equipment,packaging product and applying labels and boxing product.
• Ensure accuracy of all production data including dates, labels, and packaging.
• Effective running of all relevant equipment & reporting any equipment defects to the Supervisor.
• Ensure the product being packed is in the right proper package, tray,bag, box, and to ensure standards are followed when weighing product
• Ensure all production materials are available, set up machinery, change equipment, operate & monitor equipment, and replenish materials as needed
• Determine and report equipment malfunctions to appropriate parties
• Maintain cleanliness & sanitation of equipment and assigned area
• Cross training to rotate through various positions in sea salt production
•Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Those with prior experience preferably in a food manufacturing environment will be preferred
• GMP, Food Safety Certificate or similar regulatory experience will be preferred but not necessary as we will train
• Must be able to do repetitive tasks and work in hot or cold environments from time to time.
• Must be able to stand or sit for entire shift & no lifting restrictions; lifting of up to 30-40 lbs. is an asset.
• Be available to work weekends (sometimes)
* Should not have any allergies to essentials oil*
• Must be able to understand and communicate in the English language (both written and verbal) & do basic math skills
• Must be able to follow instruction, work in cooperation with others, & must be attentive to detail to ensure accuracy of work assignments. Must be able to keep up the pace with others on the line
This is an entry level position with many opportunities for development as the company is growing very rapidly, we have other departments in the company allowing for growth and opportunity. Interested candidates, who are interested in working within a dynamic multicultural work force and a team environment, submit your resume with a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 22, 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you.