Membership Sales and Service Staff & Duty Manager
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Position: Permanent Part-Time
Placement: December 2019/January 2020
Salary: $15.55/hour (Membership Sales and Service Staff rate); $17.97/hour (Duty Manager rate)
Hours: 20-34 hours per week, specific shifts to be determined. Applicants are asked to include their work availability in their application (must specify days and times). The successful candidate will be required to work statutory holidays that fall within set work week.
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Downtown Y Membership Sales and Services Supervisor, the Membership Sales and Service Staff/Duty Manager provides excellence in customer service, sales and support to all members and participants, and the general public.
Permanent part-time positions are entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days pro-rated vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
- Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after two years of continuous service)
- Provide excellent customer service to members, volunteers, and staff
- Maintain detailed, accurate transaction and cash handling procedures and records
- Efficient registration of members and course participants using registration software
- Develop and retain a high level of product knowledge (information on YMCA-YWCA membership, programs, services, and camps)
- Assist with room/facility set-up procedures for programs and special events as required
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, volunteers and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Develop and maintain professional and courteous relationships with members and participants
- Contribute as a member of our staff team in the overall operation of the Health, Fitness and Aquatic Centre, including performing other duties as assigned
- High School graduation required, post-secondary education in progress or completed preferred
- Commitment to build meaningful relationships through positive daily interactions with Y members, visitors and colleagues
- Must have a strong collaborative work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects and under pressure with tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel
- Registration software experience an asset (will provide training)
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
- Commitment to Health and Safety
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume via email, indicating your work availability (must specify days and times):
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when suitable candidates have been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.