We have an exciting opportunity available for a 1) Community Recovery and Resiliency Coordinator (part time) and a Business Recovery and Resiliency Coach (part time) (one-year contract with possible extension). For the right candidate these two positions could be combined leading to a full time position in our Rural Business and Community Recovery Program. This new program will assist central Vancouver Island entrepreneurs and organizations that have been impacted by COVID-19. These positions will require travel within the territory as they are mobile; as individual positions each is part time (20 hr/week) or combined (37.5 hr/week) to cover the Central Vancouver Island Region.
The Community Recovery and Resiliency Coordinator will work one on one with rural regions/communities, organizations and businesses that have been impacted by the pandemic. Their activities will be to advise and coach these entities within the region to determine their specific needs and align their recovery efforts with programming, grants, subsidies and initiatives that are being offered by a myriad of providers from all levels of government and industry. If assistance is required to aid in the application process the coordinator will help or be a conduit to individuals (primarily the Business Recovery and Resiliency Coach) who have sector/industry specific knowledge and expertise. By accessing this type of individualized coaching and programs our goal is to lead to entities to stabilization, then allowing them the ability to re-evaluate and re-align leading to recovery and resiliency.
· Community and business outreach in rural regions of our service area (virtual/in person appts)
· Keeping abreast of programs, services, grant and subsidies offered by all levels of government and industry
· Performing interviews with community organizations and business owners determining client needs
· Where possible assisting, networking or referring above to agencies that can assist
· Following up with each referral to gauge if they have been assisted or if further help is necessary
· Keeping detailed records of each encounter, work performed, referrals made and outcomes associated with each
· Delivery of information sessions via online media
· Maintain records and complete reports as required
· Ensure strict adherence to client confidentiality and professional codes of conduct
· Monitor and assess all program components and solicit participant feedback and evaluation
Keeping detailed records of each encounter, work performed, referrals made and outcomes associated with each
Qualifications and Skills:
Post-Secondary education in Commerce, Business Management, Marketing, Finance or related
3+ years’ writing and reviewing business plans
3+ years’ business coaching experience, with entrepreneurs and diverse clientele preferred
Group virtual facilitation experience
Ability to read and interpret financial statements and produce forecasted cash flows
Strong community contacts and understanding of available resources to assist participants
Preference for those who have owned their own business
Mid to high level skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and online applications
· Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
· Great communication skills both oral and written
· Ability to work with technology and software
· Ability to conduct research and keep abreast of programming and resources
· Ability to create communication pieces that can be easily understood by end users
· Ability to assist in grant writing and proposal development where and when required
· Record keeping and reporting skills
· Interpersonal skills which include active listening and empathy
· A “can do attitude” focused on client outcomes rather than program outcomes.
· Ability to implement Psychological First Aid action principles. (Prepare, Look, Listen and Link) An understanding that success is measured by post traumatic growth, sometimes you win; sometimes you win by understanding lose.
· Ability to help others celebrate, recognize achievement, evaluate and challenge themselves to the next level
Community Futures believes in lifelong career learning, and offer professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement in the business development sector.