Jazz was voted one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2018!
As a member of the Jazz Cargo Team, your role will be to assist our Air Canada customers in the logistics of shipping their packages. Our Cargo Agents will be trained in the Transport Canada rules and regulations of shipping as well as the Air Canada web-based Cargo System, WebLynx. While technical training will be delivered to you, excellent customer service is also expected. Additional training will be completed for safe airside ramp driving and operations and forklift licensing. By joining our team, you will have access to our extensive benefits package. You and your immediate family members will also enjoy perks such as special rates on airfare, flights, car rentals, hotel accommodation, vacation packages and even cruises.
Purpose of Position:
To process airfreight shipments, adhere to safety and regulatory policies, operate cargo related equipment, process delayed, lost and damaged luggage and provide exceptional service to our customers. Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Operating ground vehicles as required;
- Process the shipment of all freight and COMAT;
- Takes Cargo to and from the aircraft;
- Initiate claims resulting from missing and damaged cargo;
- Handling base supplies;
- Process delayed, lost and damaged luggage
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
- Handling missing baggage and damaged baggage claims.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Candidates will be high school graduates who are bondable and possess a valid driver's license;
Demonstrated ability to operate ground vehicle equipment;
- Candidates should possess strong organizational skills and the ability to work with little or no supervision;
Preference will be given to applicants with previous ramp experience;
- Must successfully complete the Lynx initial training course for Cargo Agent in accordance with Company standards;
- Customer Service experience is an asset;
Computer experience required;
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations an asset.