We have an exciting opportunity available for a 1) Community Recovery and Resiliency Coordinator (part time) and a Business Recovery and Resiliency Coach (part time) (one-year contract with possible extension. For the right candidate these two positions could be combined leading to a full time position in our Rural Business and Community Recovery Program. This new program will assist central Vancouver Island entrepreneurs and organizations that have been impacted by COVID-19. These positions will require travel within the territory as they are mobile; as individual positions each is part time (20 hr/week) or combined (37.5 hr/week) to cover the Central Vancouver Island Region.
The Business Recovery and Resiliency Coach will directly connect with businesses in the region. The Coach will facilitate one on one business advisory services, facilitate cursory level training and then individually connecting if more direct assistance is required by attendees, as well as, coach clients who seek to maximize their own business performance leading to thriving ventures. This coach will also look at ways to create lasting alliances and partnerships that will aid in the development of lead generation and business development. Our experience delivering the RRRF Loan Program is that for most businesses accessing funding they are nose to the grindstone trying to keep their doors open. They will work in tandem with the Community Impact Coordinator to identify programs, subsidies or other initiatives that are available to businesses.
1) Business Recovery and Resiliency Coach
· One on one business advisory services
· Individualized business coaching tailored to clients’ needs
· Networking entrepreneurs who can complement or support each other’s businesses
· Working in tandem with Community Recovery and Resiliency Coordinator IMPACT
· and business professionals to align businesses with tools and resources necessary for success
· Following up and evaluate coached clients determine performance outcomes
· Maintain records and complete reports as required
· Ensure strict adherence to client confidentiality and professional codes of conduct
· Monitor and assess all program components and solicit participant feedback and evaluation
· Keeping detailed records of each encounter, work performed, referrals made and outcomes associated with each
Qualifications and Skills:
Post-Secondary education in Commerce, Business Management, Marketing, Finance or related
3+ years’ writing and reviewing business plans
3+ years’ business coaching experience, with entrepreneurs and diverse clientele preferred
Strong background in producing forecasted cash flow and financial statements
Research skills and data base management
Strong community contacts and understanding of available resources to assist participants
Preference for those who have owned their own business
Mid to high level skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and online applications
Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
· Great communication skills both oral and written
· Ability to work with technology and software
· Business acumen steeped in hands on knowledge and entrepreneurship
· Financial acumen with the ability to critique financial statements and determine strategies for recovery and resiliency
· Ability to conduct research and keep abreast of programming and resources
· Interpersonal skills which include active listening and empathy
· A “can do attitude” focused on client outcomes rather than program outcomes.
· The ability to guide and coach entrepreneurs to make meaningful and implementable solutions that best serve them and their businesses.
· Ability to implement Psychological First Aid action principles. (Prepare, Look, Listen and Link) An understanding that success is measured by post traumatic growth, sometimes you win; sometimes you win by understanding lose.
· Ability to help others celebrate, recognize achievement, evaluate and challenge themselves to the next level
Community Futures believes in lifelong career learning, and offer professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement in the business development sector.