Come and work with us! West Shore Parks and Recreation Society is looking for multiple, positive and flexible Arena Workers to join our JDF Arena Skate Shop. Our staff work in a fun and friendly team environment in an arena setting where growth and encouragement are part of our everyday schedules. You will learn to teach children how to skate on a daily basis and watch them progress into confident skaters. You will work on and off the ice with a wide range of age groups to gain valuable new skills and knowledge, while maintaining and role modelling an active lifestyle.
· Teach beginner to immediate skill levels with a variety of age groups during ice skating lessons.
· Ensure report cards are completed and discuss any issues or concerns with parents regarding lessons.
· Refer sensitive issues to the Skating Team Leader and/or Arena Programmer.
· Ensure the safety of all participants on and off the ice.
· Take admissions and give out skate rentals to customers.
· Ensure facility policies, procedures and regulations are implemented and ensuring the arena is safe.
· Ensure proper documentation is completed for any accidents and incidents.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Experience in providing skating instruction, guidance and encouragement and the ability to foster an environment encouraging participation.
· Experience with planning and lesson plan creation.
· Communication and organizational skills.
· Proven experience in public relations and in dealing with situations in a positive, courteous and effective manner.
· Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team environment as well as to work independently.
· Current Emergency First Aid and CPR C are required.
· Inter-municipal Learn to Skate Instructors Training and NCCP coaching level 1 in a related discipline is an asset: Hockey, skating, ringette, speed skating, or Canfit instructing experience.
A clear and current Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment, and is the financial responsibility of the successful candidate.