If you are interested in working with children and youth and making a difference in their lives this is the job for you!
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Nil Tu,o House – Support Worker – Available July 17th
Thursday 9:00am-9:00am (provides day-time support at Tillicum House)
Colwood House – Support Worker – Available August 1st
Lagoon House – Support Staff – Available June 29th
Lakewood House – Support Staff – Available July 1st (Temporary for July/August)
We are also currently expanding and anticipate the following positions being available somewhere between June 15th-July 1st. The resource will be for a 17-year-old female, and experience with suicidal ideation and awareness is required.
Luxton House – Weekend Manager – Available July 1st
Luxton House – Awake Nightshift – Available July 1st
We are looking for employees who have education and/or experience in a related field including but not limited to: education, psychology, child and youth care, sociology, social work, trauma-informed practice, non-violent crisis intervention, etc.
IDM Youth Services Inc. is always growing and expanding – so we are hiring often! We are a dynamic group of supportive individuals who are committed to providing all inclusive care to some of the most ‘at risk’ youth in the area. Please see our website for further information regarding who we are and what we do – www.idmyouthservices.ca
If you are interested in working with us we would love to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
1. Criminal record check
2. A vehicle and a class 5 BC Drivers License with Driver's Abstract
3. Valid first aid and Foodsafe certification (or willing to get this within 3 months upon hire)
4. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training via Mandt System (or willing to get this within 3 months upon hire - internal training available)
Preferential experience includes applicants who have:
* Experience working with at-risk youth and/or people who have experienced trauma, exhibit extreme behavior, have cognitive delays, mental health diagnosis, etc.
* Experience administering and documenting daily medication
* Experience working with suicide prevention and self-harm behavior
*Completed (or are in the process of completing) a degree or diploma in an applicable field (education, psychology, child and youth care, counselling, etc.)