Are you the person who goes out of your way to make someone feel at ease and important? Does the thought of working outdoors, no matter the weather, and doing physical work all day get you up in the morning? If so, a Tour Guide role with Ziptrek could be the perfect fit. This entry-level guiding role offers valuable industry experience in one of the most scenic ‘offices’ around!
Who we’re looking for:
- You understand safety and minimizing risk is our #1 priority – fun is a close second!
- You are physically able to lift 80 lbs and work a labour intensive job for up to 10 hours/day
- You have a keen interest in environmental stewardship and enjoy teaching others about it daily
- You are a master of putting guest and team priorities above personal objectives
- You have your 16-hour first aid certification – or you can get it by the time you start
What you’ll be doing:
- Conducting safe and confidence inspiring tours – in accordance with Ziptrek safety standards
- Teaching ecological material in an interesting and factual manner, appropriate to each audience
- Upholding the highest level of customer service during every tour – from start to finish
- Taking ownership of guest needs and addressing concerns before they become an issue
- Helping fellow staff members – creating a supportive and empowering work environment
- Adhering to and maintaining knowledge of all job related protocols, policies and procedures
Hours, Training & Benefits:
- On-call schedule with irregular hours – typical shift: 3 tours/day (dependent on guest bookings)
- We work in a seasonal town, our staff work hard in the summer and book their holidays during the shoulder seasons – if you aim to take additional time off July to August this role may not be the best fit
- Hourly wage
- All job specific training is done in house – over a 2 week period
ADVENTURE • EDUCATION • INSPIRATION
We are a guest-focused business that is seasonal in nature – during peak times we may call on our team to get outside, work additional hours and do whatever it takes to deliver the experience we are renowned for.