Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge sets us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your own career in a nurturing, learning-focused and supportive environment – you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now we are adding a Service Manager to our team in Vancouver. We are looking for a Service Manager who has a strong operations and services background and shares our passion for healthcare and helping people with mobility.
Who you are
We are looking for a coach, mentor and leader to oversee our small but vibrant team in Vancouver. Someone who is at their best in a busy, hectic environment with lots of moving parts. Someone who can juggle the urgent demands of multiple clients and stakeholders at once while still keeping their cool.
A natural born leader, you are not afraid to take accountability for your team and their performance. You want the freedom to run your department your way; to celebrate in your team’s successes and pick up the pieces when things don’t go as planned. Whether you come from healthcare, pharmaceuticals or even an HVAC service company – any experience where you run a team that makes on-site service and/or house calls – this is a chance to step up and lead a team making a tangible impact on people’s lives every day.
What you will do
Lead. You will oversee our Service Department of Service Technicians, Client Service Coordinators and Administrative Support teams. This is not a role where you can lead from behind a desk, our new Service Manager will be actively engaged with your team out on the retail floor, at our Care Centre or on site with clients. Whether it be helping to schedule appointments or turning a wrench to help fix a wheelchair – you will be hands-on to support all members of your team.
The Motion Customer Experience. Our Service Managers are the driving force behind providing the Motion Customer Experience. You will develop and maintain relationships with our clients and healthcare professionals in our community to help our sales and service teams deliver value. You will ensure that our clients leave every appointment knowing that they made the right choice choosing Motion. Whether it be de-escalating a client situation or helping a customer choose the right mobility product, you will be there to help your team deliver on Motion’s promise to make life accessible.
Train. You will play an integral part in onboarding new staff, working as a coach to help provide a smooth transition for new hires or internal role changes. Through ongoing training and mentorship, you will ensure your team has the tools they need to succeed in their daily tasks and deliver the Motion customer experience.
Collaborate. You will work closely with the management team to drive efficiencies, ensure policies are upheld and improve business processes to meet growing market demands. You will help us as we navigate this time of transformation, working side by side with your team and management to be constantly growing and improving.
What you bring
- Experience. You have experience working in operations, strong people management skills and expertise managing a team of field technicians. You have a University or College degree in Business or related and relevant experience.
- Technical Skills. You have experience or knowledge working in a mechanical environment, managing repairs, custom builds or other related tasks. Knowledge of mobility products and home medical equipment would be considered an asset.
- Communication. You have experience working in customer-facing roles and know how to work with customers to find the best solutions to fit their needs. You have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and can explain your ideas and thoughts in a variety of ways to get your point across. You are comfortable providing feedback and following through to track improvement.
- Empathy. To provide our clients with the best Motion customer experience, we need someone who can be empathetic to our client’s needs and circumstances. You can navigate any situation in a friendly, professional and compassionate manner and manage service escalations as needed.
- Additional must have requirements. You are able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds in order to move or repair equipment and devices. You have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving record. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable.
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.