Are you looking for a rewarding job in an industry-leading company with opportunity to grow? Paladin Security was established in 1976 and from our modest beginnings of four employees and one contract, we have grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. We have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and one of the Best Places to Work in Canada based on employee reviews. We’ve won these awards because we invest in our employees with extensive paid training, rewards and recognition programs, and career growth opportunities.
We are currently looking for a full-time security officer to join our growing team in Nanaimo. Work sites and hours vary, but applicants should be flexible, able to travel to various locations around Nanaimo and work all shifts including graveyards. This position is best suited for someone who works well independently, is able to make quick and effective decisions and has a passion for helping people.
Basic Security Training and a valid BC Security Licence are considered assets but not required. For the right applicant, we will provide all necessary training.
– Provide specialized security services in a professional manner according to client need.
– Patrol client properties by foot, bicycle or vehicle to ensure the safety of persons and property.
– Follow and enforce rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
– Control access to properties and remove trespassers from sites.
– Watch for and report irregularities including security breaches, safety hazards and emergencies, and contact appropriate personnel and emergency responders.
– Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries from the public.
– Utilize radios, handheld devices and computer applications to communicate site activity.
– Other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills, including working under pressure.
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- Ability to pass a security clearance.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Flexible availability including weekends and graveyard shifts.
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma.
- Basic Security Training, a valid security licence and first aid training are considered assets.