>>$500 signing bonus for applicants with an existing BC security workers licence.<<
Commissionaires is Canada’s premier security company, offering a unique combination of integrity, experience and innovation. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast since 1925. Nationally, we are a private, not-for-profit federation of 15 independent divisions, encompassing 50 offices, and more than 21,000 employees.
Commissionaires Victoria was incorporated in 1937 with the original mandate to provide meaningful employment to former military and RCMP members. Today, we have broadened that mandate to include any individual looking for experience as a stepping-stone into law enforcement or interested in starting a career in security.
Full time & Part time positions are available in our Mobile and Static Guard division.
Flexible employment in variety of job categories
Free basic security training
Group-life, medical & dental coverage
Paid sick, vacation and personal needs time-off
RRSP contributions and more…
If you are a licensed security officer or require information on how to join the Commissionaires, please send resume and your info to us!
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, and able to obtain various security clearances
- Must be minimum 19 years of age
- Must be physically fit and able to stand for long periods at a time.
-Must possess a valid B.C. security workers license and a valid standard first aid certificate, or be willing to complete the training and testing necessary.
- Must be fluent in the English language - written, verbal and reading skills.
- Must have a positive attitude with a professional demeanour, and strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing.
- Have excellent problem solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
- Have a demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
- To applicants who possess a valid B.C. security workers license and can a variety of shifts - afternoons and nights as required.
- To applicants who possess a valid B.C. driver’s licence, fluency in another language, military or police experience, and/or experience in the security industry.
- To applicants who have open availability for shifts.