Registration Services Representative
Association Services Offices (located at Westhills YMCA-YWCA in Langford, BC)
Position: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday, 11:30am – 7:00pm
Nature and Scope:
Registration Services (RS) provides varying levels of administrative support to every department throughout the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island. Our work takes place in a busy sub-office, within the administration offices for the Y.
The RS team is a group of diverse, fun and passionate individuals who have excellent communication, customer service and administrative skills. The staff team works together to ensure each interaction meets the high quality service standards while role modeling the Y core values of caring, responsibility, respect and honesty.
The successful candidate joining our team must be passionate about customer service and administration. The candidate should have experience working in a physically small office environment and experience dealing with high volume levels due to multiple phone inquiries. They will be highly motivated, organized and capable of maintaining a positive, caring, service-oriented environment. The individual must be resourceful and able to retain a large volume of product knowledge.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Registration Services, the direct responsibilities of the position include: highly repetitive tasks including but not limited to payment collection, member service requests, program and waitlist registration, email and phone inquiries and office administration tasks. Contact with Y Members and the public is primarily through phone and email.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
● Medical (MSP coverage; eligible after one month)
● Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
● Extended Health Care
● Life Insurance
● YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
Registration Services is a part of the Association Services offices and is located at the Westhills YMCA-YWCA in Langford, BC.
● Communicate directly with members and the general public who contact the Association via phone and email
● Respond to inquiries and provide advice on YMCA-YWCA membership, program selection, courses and activities
● Promote the benefits of membership to existing and potential members; develop relationships to enhance service levels and member appreciation of value
● Promote and register participants in Camp Thunderbird, Child Care and Y Health, Fitness, Aquatics programs
● Provide administrative support for Outdoor Education programs for Camp Thunderbird
● Process administrative and accounting tasks that support Membership Services, such as but not limited to: responding and resolving membership account and payment issues, processing membership holds, cancellations and amendments
● Provide registration and administrative support for special events and seasonal needs of various departments
● Perform general office tasks, such as, mailing, managing and maintaining stationary supplies etc.
● Respond to, resolve or refer member and community inquiries and feedback regarding all aspects of the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island functions and activities
● Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
● A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
● High School Diploma
● 2 years’ experience in a combination of office administration and/or customer service
● Experience using Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and registration software an asset
● Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
● Customer Service
● Problem Solving
● Planning and Organization
● Commitment to Health and Safety
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
4. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
5. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.