Program Fitness Staff/Duty Manager Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Position: Permanent Full-Time
Placement: October 2017
Salary: $15.55/hour (Program Fitness Staff rate); $17.97/hour (Duty Manager rate
Hours: 35 hours per week; Tuesday to Saturday work week
Nature and Scope:
The Program Fitness Staff/Duty Manager will work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers, and are responsible for providing safe, fun and educational programs and service to members and participants in a fitness environment. A key function of their role is to assist individual members with their fitness programs, in a positive and professional manner. These staff will also build meaningful relationships through daily interaction with Y members, visitors, and colleagues; and work in collaboration with the Membership and Service staff to support member sales and retention efforts. Some Program Fitness Staff responsibilities could include leading a regular group fitness class.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
- Medical (MSP coverage; eligible after one month)
- Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
- Perform member orientations to the fitness facility
- Maintain an atmosphere of achievement that inspires self and others to succeed
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Assist with training new staff/volunteers in procedures and practices
- Effectively support the operation of the facility, including opening and closing procedures
- YMCA Group Fitness certification or equivalent certification required
- YMCA Individual Conditioning II (or BCRPA Weight Trainer) or equivalent certification required
- Excellent organizational, customer service and relationship building skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.