Program Fitness Staff/Duty Manager
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Position: Permanent Full-Time
Wages: $15.55/hour (Program Fitness Staff rate); $17.97/hour (Duty Manager rate)
Hours: 35 hours per week; Tuesday to Saturday work week
Tuesday to Friday 12:30pm – 8:00pm
Saturday 9:30am – 5:00pm
Nature and Scope:
The Program Fitness Staff/Duty Manager will work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers, and are responsible for providing safe, fun and educational programs and service to members and participants in a fitness environment. A key function of their role is to assist individual members with their fitness programs, in a positive and professional manner. These staff will also build meaningful relationships through daily interaction with Y members, visitors, and colleagues; and work in collaboration with the Membership and Service staff to support member sales and retention efforts.
Some Program Fitness Staff responsibilities could include leading a regular group fitness class.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
- Medical (MSP coverage; eligible after one month)
- Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
- Perform member orientations to the fitness facility
- Maintain an atmosphere of achievement that inspires self and others to succeed
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards
- Assist with training new staff/volunteers in procedures and practices
- Effectively support the operation of the facility, including opening and closing procedures
- YMCA Group Fitness certification or equivalent certification required
- YMCA Personal Trainer or equivalent certification required
- Excellent organizational, customer service and relationship building skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: April 29, 2019
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
4. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
5. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.