Who we are
CBI Health has been a key innovator in Canadian healthcare through improving community access and better outcomes driven by integrated models of care. As the largest provider of community healthcare services in Canada, with 250+ locations across the country, we are dedicated to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians every day.
We take a team oriented approach and show up for the people who need our help – as people helping people. Outcomes and impacts on lives motivate us. We care, aim higher, make it happen, and do great work together.
Who we need
Our clinic in Port Alberni is adding a Physiotherapist to our team; someone who wants to apply their compassion and dedication towards enriching the lives of others. A passionate practitioner who wants a chance to push themselves to achieve amazing results as part of an incredible team.
Whether you have a few years of experience or you are a newly registered practitioner, you want to help nurture a positive team atmosphere. This is a stepping stone on your career path with us, where knowledge, trust, and autonomy will help you grow.
As part of a holistic clinical team, you will apply expertise and professional competence in the assessment, treatment, education, and follow-up of clients. Our national presence, history of success, an extensive network of subject matter experts, and the ongoing pursuit of the latest in clinical therapies, provides you with all of the resources you need at your fingertips along with the opportunity to transform your career. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to deliver top-notch care, work for the community, and grow both their clinical and leadership skills.
What’s in it for you.
- Time to focus on what matters. With centralized booking, administrative support, and national contracts with funders, your time will be spent playing a critical hands-on role in building genuine relationships with your clients and connecting with funders to deepen our partnerships.
- Flexibility. You will have the benefits, stability, and vacation of a salaried employee with the freedom to schedule your clients in a way that best suits your life. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to increase your earnings and advancement opportunities.
- Collaboration. You will have the support and insights of an interdisciplinary, collaborative team and regularly scheduled in-service meetings where you can connect over cases, best practices, and socialize with the people you work with. As big as we are, we pride ourselves in feeling like a family-run company.
- Career growth. We have laid a foundation for growth and success, and you will have access to mentorship, formal education, and an exciting variety of work. Your career path can include Program Lead, Manager of Clinical Services, Educator, and beyond.
How you will make a difference as our new Physiotherapist:
- Work with acute injury and workplace injury clients. You will deliver excellent client outcomes along a path of recovery and rehabilitation. You will perform assessments, create plans, and conduct treatments to increase range of motion, strength, flexibility, and functionality. You will provide client education on injury prevention.
- Build relationships. You will foster trusting and reliable relationships with both clients and referral partners, maintaining open and transparent lines of communication.
- Communicate. You will participate in team meetings and case reviews. You will perform regular, timely charting and submit reporting and forms to funders as needed.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You must be fully registered as a member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of British Columbia. You have hands-on experience demonstrated through strong clinical skills in a private practice, ideally in a complex care setting.
- The passion. You are dedicated to treating a range of clients following best current practices as part of a true interdisciplinary team. You are a continuous learner, seeking out the latest treatment and clinical skills to grow as a practitioner and increase the ways you can serve your clients.
- The relationship-building skills. You are empathetic, patient, motivating, and you excel at fostering a trusting relationship with your clients. You have outstanding interpersonal abilities and can work with peers, management, funders, and employers.
- The flexibility. You are open to working earlier or later in the day, and you can drive in your vehicle to locations up to an hour away from your home.
Why join us?
We are focused on a united purpose: to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians, starting with our people.
With the insight that better educated clients experience better outcomes, CBI Health began as a series of education seminars. Education is at the core of our DNA and is the key to great outcomes for both our clients and our team. Today, we equip our employees with the tools, resources, and support needed to achieve their career goals. Our talent development approach is about partnership: your passion to grow and learn, and our environment and tools that help you maximize your potential.
There are hundreds of thousands of meaningful moments where our team members actively improve and enrich the lives of Canadians.
We really care. “The combined therapies we offer our clients is life saving. One of our clients was experiencing bouts of intense anxiety and depression, imparting feelings of defeat when managing her osteoarthritis. We introduced practical relaxation techniques, in addition to her mobility exercises. This was crucial in helping her manage not only her osteoarthritis but also how she mentally copes with life challenges in general.“
We make it happen. “One of our clients had been off work for two years. She couldn’t see a future where she was able to return to work. Through a customized physiotherapy and occupational therapy plan, we empowered her return to work in under eight months.”
We aim higher. “The COVID pandemic and resulting isolation amplified the challenges faced by children on the ASD spectrum as they struggled to maintain a routine. Not only were we able to create and run virtual sessions for the children, but we also met with all the parents for one-on-one support, providing them with activities to help build structure and stability for their children.
We do great work together. “It’s coming together with like minded people but all from different areas. Our interdisciplinary team provides varying perspectives on how to look at health and approach healthcare for the whole person.”
Everyone here goes above and beyond, sharing a deep understanding of how their roles and activities define and shape our culture, our future, and their own.
If you want to find out how great you can be, come work with us.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our organization makes in the lives of Canadians at every age read our Connected Care stories.
The CBI Health team is excited to speak to you about this opportunity. If you are interested in joining our growing, interdisciplinary team of Rehab professionals, please apply here. Alternatively, you can email your interest and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply using the link below