Company: R.F. Hauser Shows Ltd. O/A West Coast Amusements
Business information: West Coast Amusements, Canada’s largest and most respected traveling carnival operator, has been creating smiles and memories since the 60’s. We make sure to make fun safe and care-free with expert planning; WCA takes pride in the excellent safety record of both our employees and equipment. Safety first is our motto.
Business Address: 8094 Lickman Rd, Chilliwack, BC V2R 3Z9
Work Location: We travel to different cities in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. Off-season work will be performed in our Chilliwack office: 8094 Lickman Rd, Chilliwack, BC V2R 3Z9
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Arrange for maintenance, repair and cleaning work on rides
· Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
· Ensure smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery
· Plan and organize operations
· Overlook trucks and similar machinery
· Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
· Book and organize locations for the season
· Supervise operations of external providers during the off-season to be ready to open the amusement park operations
· Prepare and submit progress and other reports
· Establish work schedules and procedures
· Handle emergency situations
· Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
· Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies,
· Resolve work related problems
· Supervise operation of mechanical equipment and machinery
· Monitor quality and production levels
· Oversee cleaning of specialty and difficult items
· Assist clients/guests with special needs
· May have to drive trucks, vans and other vehicles to transport amusement rides, games and other attractions to amusement attraction sites
· Give support to amusement park attendants in their activities if needed
· Determine and implement protective measures against COVID-19.
-Education: Completion of secondary school
-Experience: Between 2 to 3 years of experience in the amusement park/carnival sector is required
-Post-secondary certificate related to hospitality, food service or recreation/entertainment is an asset
-Driver’s license is an asset
-On-the-job training will be provided
-Work conditions and physical capabilities: Work under pressure, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Fast-paced environment, Standing for extended periods
-Personal suitability: Reliability, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Flexibility, Excellent oral communication
-Willing to travel regularly
Salary: $24.00 to $25.00 hourly, 30-40 Hours per week
-We provide free uniforms, transportation from location to location (during the travelling season), and medical expenses.
-Bunkhouses/trailers are available for housing at a discounted rate during the season. These will also be available at a discounted rate in the off-season months.
- The supervisor is required to travel to different cities in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan for 7 months (from March to September). He will work at our main office in the off-season months.
-Flexibility in schedule is required. During the season, shifts are available from 12pm to 12am. Work varies week to week, weekends on a rotational basis, 1 to 2 days off also on a rotational basis. 5-6 days a week. 5 days a week during the off season, Monday to Friday. Weekends off.
-Ability to Supervise: More than 20 people, Staff in various areas of responsibility, Working groups
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: #8-6014 Vedder Road Suite 109 Chilliwack, BC, V2R 5P5
mail to: #8-6014 Vedder Road Suite 109 Chilliwack, BC, V2R 5P5