Down to earth is not your typical landscaping company. We custom design, install and maintain our own landscaping projects and have the advantage of owning a beautiful nursery to support our projects. We care about every aspect of our projects, and our approach gives us the tools to control the delivery of excellence across the board.
Our culture comes first. We are fun, competitive, and passionate about our projects and our clients. Your fit within that culture is as important to us as the skills that you bring. We like quirky plant nerds, book-loving laborers, machine operators with a library of jokes, and supervisors that tell the crew to go home at the end of the day, because everyone is having too much fun!
About The Position
As the Nursery Manager you are our sales leader. In our world this means you get to take the time to understand people’s needs and provide plant, gardening, and landscaping solutions that delight and inspire. You are also a manager, leading a small group of people who are passionate about plants, gardens, and know how much these things matter to our customers.
No two days are alike in your work. Behind the scenes you will manage inventory and create beautiful displays that speak to our customers. This means you get to co-create the most inspiring plant retail environment possible. Although there is a small part of this job that entails deskwork, for the most part you will be active, outdoors, and in our greenhouses.
About The Qualifications (Human and Technical)
* Meaningful experience delivering amazing customer experiences
* Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of programs
* Minimum 5 years in retail – with some management/leadership experience
* Some knowledge of plants an asset
* Exceptional and demonstrable people management skills – this is job one
* Time, work, and space management – in your world everything has a place
About The Responsibilities
* Responsible for driving sales for the nursery
* Managing and motivating a small team
* Managing and sourcing weekly customer plant requests
* Inventory control via POS system
* Co-creating a monthly client-focused newsletter
* Utilizing our CRM to increase customer awareness and sales
* Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
* Organize and set up sales displays
About The Benefits
* Wage range $18 – $20
* This position allows you to enjoy a full month off in January
* Bonuses for exceeding sales goals
* Opportunities for growth with the company
* Ongoing horticulture and safety training
* 10% plant discount for you and your family
* Cool uniforms – we want our staff to look swank!
About The Next Steps
Ready to get your hands dirty, and join our amazing team?
Please communicate your interest by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the cover letter, tell us a little bit about yourself … what part of this posting most speaks to you?