· Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
· Weld small and large components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
· Perform MIG, TIG, and other types of weld based on project needs.
· Monitor all welding processes and ensure absence of any shrinkage and distortion to materials. Ensure clean weld joint to obtain smooth look.
· Operate various manual and automated welding equipment for welding work.
· Report damages on machines and equipment.
· Maintain proper equipment: repair when needed.
· Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
· Grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
· Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
· Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat- resistant gloves, protective mask, and safety regulations.
· Drive portable welding truck and travel to client locations to perform job duties on site.
· Perform related work as assigned.
. Welding certificate.
. BC Driving license.
. Fork lift License.
· Great interpersonal and communication skills.
· Fundamental computer skills.
· Well organized, and has the ability to work under tight schedules.
· Good coordination and manual dexterity.
· The ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
· The ability to comprehend and trouble-shoot mechanical systems.
· Attention to details, critical thinker, problem- solver and team player.
· Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties.
· Proficient in English to communicate with the clients, vendors and the staff.