Red Lion Inn and Suites has been in Victoria since 1965. In additional to its 100 rooms, the hotel features Sports Lounge, a Beer and Wine Store and a Chinese Restaurant. The Hotel currently has 50 plus employees.
- In charge of the maintenance and repair of hotel’s equipment and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Implement of procedures and schedule for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Co-ordinating cleaning, snow removal, and landscaping operations.
- Providing direct administrative services such as cleaning and maintain signage, also maintaining parking lot, and any other safety issues in these areas.
- Administration of all the contracts of hotel supplies.
- Planning, organizing and directing construction projects to change commercial recreational facilities
- Oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of recreational facilities including swimming pool, equipment and electrical/HAVC and mechanical systems.
- Preparing and overseeing the preparation of reports and statistics related to areas of responsibility.
Planning and Managing Hotel’s maintenance budget.
- Assisting General Manager for hiring and training staff.
Qualifications and skills:
- Requires completion of a college or university program in electrical or mechanical engineering or have already worked 5 years in similar industry.
- An equivalent combination of technical training and experience in building maintenance
- several years of supervisory experience in facility operations or maintenance are usually required.
- Strong Coordination skills
- Strong Monitoring skills
- Good Time Management skills
- Management of personnel resources
- Management of financial and material resources
- Systems analysis and systems evolution
- Quality control analysis
- Equipment maintenance
- Repairing and Installation skills
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position. 40 hours per week.