Nature and Scope:
We want you to join our team of enthusiastic Y staff! Join our team and work within a positive, welcoming, and safe environment at the Westhills YMCA-YWCA! Light Duty Cleaners/Custodians will provide excellent cleaning services throughout the facility. The main responsibilities of this position are to clean the fitness facility, including change rooms and washrooms, exercise areas and equipment, and public areas (lobby, stairways, and halls). Considerable attention to detail is required.
Permanent positions are entitled to a free YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
• Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
• Extended Health Care
• Life Insurance
• YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year for Permanent Full-Time)
• Ensure that all areas are clean and tidy.
• Clean change rooms, showers, bathrooms, and fitness program areas, hallways etc. (Includes cleaning fitness equipment)
• Ensure high-touch/common surface areas are disinfected according to the Y’s COVID-19 Safety Plan procedures.
• Wet/dry mop floors as required (for spills, etc.), sweeping, and cleaning windows.
• Refill all dispensers (soap, paper towel etc.) and stock supplies as required.
• Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
• Other related duties as directed/required.
Minimum of 1-3 months cleaning/janitorial experience and some knowledge of cleaning products is preferred (*Note: we are willing to train).
• Good attention to detail and a focus on customer service.
• Ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification required (can be obtained within one month of start date).
• A clean Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required (prior to start date – not required at the application stage).