21Q Ventures Inc. create the product(21Q) to help people make genuine connections. 21Q is a free online meeting app, that uses a question-based game to start real conversations with real people. In order to be able to grow our business globally, we will need someone to break into the Chinese and European market.
- Translate a variety of written material such as correspondence, reports, legal documents, technical specifications and textbooks from one language to another, maintaining the content, context and style of the original material to the greatest extent possible
- Adapt software and accompanying technical documents to fit another language and culture
- Revise and correct translated material
may train and supervise other translators
- Translating copy for advertising and promo work
- Able to work independently, yet can also collaborate effectively with larger team
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all translators.
- Coordinate and allocate translation work reasonably and effectively for all translation team members
- Responsible for the final inspection and review of subordinate members’ translation documents
Qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in a related discipline is required.
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a full-time translator working in two languages, at least one of which is an official language, are required.
- Fluency in three languages is usually required.
- Language of work: English and/or French is mandatory, Chinese proficiency as an asset
- A self-starter that is highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations at different levels
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe photoshop, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and a knack for trouble shooting and problem solving
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position. 40 hours per week.
Wage: Basic Wage is $23.08 per hour.
Location of Work: 21Q Ventures Inc., 23 Fan Tan Alley #1, Victoria, BC V8W 3G9