ColdStar Solutions Inc. is looking for a Lead Hand In-Training to join their team.
The Lead Hand In-training is a developmental position and will learn from our Night Supervisor & Night Operations Manager. This position will learn to prioritize freight, build a team environment, and give clear directions.
The shifts are Sunday-Thursday’s 9pm-5am.
* Shift start times may change based on operational needs
Responsibilities to Learn:
· Managing the nightly cross dock operations, including timely loading and unloading of freight;
· Overseeing the Langford warehouse;
· Managing reefer temperatures and lock out safety procedures;
· Maintain daily communication with the Freight Assemblers, Night Supervisor, Night Operations Manager and Warehouse Operations Manager;
· Enforcing proper safety practices, procedures, and awareness;
· Leading by example.
· In-depth training program that will be tailored towards the right candidates’ strengths and weaknesses to develop them into a strong leader.
· Competitive wage with a night and supervisor premium;
· Extended benefit package at 90-days including health, dental, vision, etc;
· Scheduled wage increases;
· Paid vacation days;
· Great company with loyalty bonuses.
· Strong leadership & communication skills: able to grow & manage staff, build & encourage teamwork, and provide a positive model for co-workers;
· Logical thinker with the ability to make confident decisions;
· Strong warehouse knowledge, and a competent equipment operator;
· Detail & Customer focused;
· Able to work in a cold/freezer environment;
· Forklift experienced and certified;
· Flexible schedule; able to work around vacation and unforeseen absences of the supervisor;
· Microsoft office, and general computer usage experience, an asset.
ColdStar Solutions is committed to treating all employees with respect and providing a safe work environment. Please submit a resume to Human Resources, by responding to this ad. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.