Infant Toddler Educator / Early Childhood Educator
Eagle Creek YMCA-YWCA (View Royal)
Position: Permanent Full-Time
Placement: November 20, 2017
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Early Childhood Educator starting at $20.30/hour ($42,224/year); increasing to $21.32/hour ($44,345.60/year) after probationary period.
Infant Toddler Educator starting at $21.33/hour ($44,366.40/year); increasing to $22.39/hour ($46,571.20/year) after probationary period.
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Early Learning, the Infant Toddler Educator / Early Childhood Educator will work directly within the early childhood program, providing high quality care and creative programming for children in a group setting. Working in collaboration with the child care team, Educators are responsible for delivering the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum to children from 10 months to 5 years of age. They will ensure that children are well supervised and provided with developmentally appropriate and fun programming options. A priority will be maintaining excellent communication with families and other stakeholders.
This permanent full-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
Medical (MSP coverage; eligible after one month)
Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
Extended Health Care
YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after one year)
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA-YWCA policies and procedures related to the guidance and care of children
- To assist with the planning and implementation of a consistent child centered program in accordance with YMCA-YWCA and CCFL standards, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To interact directly with the children, facilitating a healthy learning environment
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships within the community
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to YMCA-YWCA and licensing requirements
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff
- To work effectively and as an active member of the staff team, assisting with other duties and responsibilities as required
- To attend all YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other training as required
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian
- Infant Toddler Educator License to Practice or Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required
- Special Needs Educator Certificate, or additional courses/training related to child growth and development are an asset
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreation setting
- Strong written and verbal and communication skills
- High level of organization and customer service skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
- A clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
3. Applications will be short-listed for interviews as they are received.
4. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.