Company: Rossdown Natural Foods Ltd.
Business Information: Tucked away in British Columbia’s fertile Fraser Valley, Rossdown Natural Foods is dedicated to providing the highest quality chicken and turkey products. We are a fourth-generation family run poultry farm and processor. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to perform as industrial butcher/sticker for halal meat.
Business Address: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC V4X 1E2
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Slaughter halal livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
· Slaughter halal poultry and livestock as prescribed by religious laws
· Cut poultry carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
· Remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging
· Cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
· Remove bones from meat
· Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
· Clean work area
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience: Previous experience as a butcher or meat cutter is a great asset. On-the-job training will be provided
- Experience with cleavers, knives, power cutting tools is an asset.
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, standing for extended periods.
-Personal Suitability: Accurate, Flexibility, Reliability
-Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Salary: $20.00 - $22.00 hourly, 40-45 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Pension plan, Extended medical insurance, Prescription drugs, Medical equipment, Steel toed boots reimbursements and Discount on chicken. Travel expenses paid by the employer if the workers needs to relocate.
Important Information: Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in schedule. Monday to Friday, start at 4am, will work until 1pm. Weekend work and overtime will be required depending on the business needs.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com