This newly created position as Maintenance Manager is responsible for the preservation and ongoing maintenance planning for the provincial portfolio. The Maintenance Manager establishes service contracts, coordinates repair projects to ensure timely and quality completion, and performs quarterly site inspections.
The Maintenance Manager is a team player with a co-operative approach to achieving goals and objectives while maintaining a strong, constructive, and supportive working relationship with staff, vendors and community agencies.
* Travel will be required at minimum 20% of the time.
– Please visit our website to find out more about us: www.makola.bc.ca
• Technical knowledge of building mechanics, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry etc based on 5+ years’
experience with an appropriate diploma or certificate.
• Working knowledge as a Journeyman an asset.
• Have asset management experience of building components, systems and various trades
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the applicable codes, including Building Codes, Plumbing Codes,
and Fire Code
• Good computer skills and be able to write and analyze reports.
• Be able to coordinate many activities simultaneously and track the progress on all of the activities.
• Have leadership experience with the ability to plan and facilitate training refreshers for Caretakers and
• May be required to give presentations to other agencies and/or at conferences
• Be able to estimate and cost-out materials, labour and other expenses for projects
• Be able to budget all activities within the maintenance department
• Have valid class 5 driver’s license
• Experience working in and with Aboriginal organizations
Email resumes & coverletters to:
or in person to:
104-550 Goldstream Avenue