Horizon Contracting is seeking a
Full Time Framing Carpenters and Apprentices.
About The Role:
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Education: Journeyman certificate
Residential – new constructions, renovations, deck remediation and demolition
Read and interpret blueprints, drawings or sketches
Skills and Requirements:
· Strong attention to detail
· Good physical condition and endurance, must be able to engage in activities such as lifting, pushing, pulling and moving materials, equipment and supplies is required.
· Follow all health and safety standards
· Highly efficient with material usage
· Able to envision all steps in assigned tasks
· Able to work independently when required
· Valid 1st aid certificate
· Valid driver’s license and own transportation is required.
Starting wage is dependent upon experience.
If you would like to join our team, please submit your resume through Indeed.com. Due to the high volume of applicants only those chosen for an interview will be contacted directly. Please no phone calls.
A good attitude and excellent work ethic is required. A minimum of 5 years' carpentry experience is necessary. If you are an apprentice, we accept 2nd, 3rd & 4th year students.
The ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, pushing, pulling and moving materials, equipment and supplies is required.
A driver’s license, reliable transportation and standard tools are required.
For over 25 years we’ve built strong relationships throughout the construction industry. Whether it’s an architect, subtrade, or material supplier, we deal with the people who live and work here everyday. We are a contractor who has a passion for what we do, knows the lay of the land, and has the respect of their peers, Horizon is worth getting to know.
Learn what goes into Horizon's construction process. From Victoria's leader in custom homes, renovations and commercial construction. Visit www.horizoncontracting.ca