Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Childcare Supervisor, the Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator Assistant will work directly within the early childhood program, providing high quality care and creative programming for children in a group setting. Working in collaboration with the child care team, Educators are responsible for delivering play-based curriculum to children from 18 months to 5 years of age. They will ensure that children are well-supervised and provided with developmentally appropriate and fun programming options. A priority will be maintaining excellent communication with families and other stakeholders.
This permanent part-time position is entitled to a YMCA-YWCA individual membership; 15 days pro-rated vacation; and a cost-shared benefits package (after completion of the probationary period) which includes:
• Health Care, Drug Plan, Dental, Vision, EAP
• Extended Health Care
• Life Insurance
• YMCA Canada Pension Plan (eligible after two years of continuous service)
• To read, understand and follow all YMCA-YWCA policies and procedures related to the guidance and care of children
• To assist with the planning and implementation of a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA-YWCA and CCFL standards, including play-based curriculum
• To interact directly with the children, facilitating a healthy learning environment
• To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships within the community
• To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to YMCA-YWCA and licensing requirements
• To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff
• To work effectively and as an active member of the staff team, assisting with other duties and responsibilities as required
• To attend all professional development sessions and other training as required
• To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms
• To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian
• Current Early Childhood Educator or Early Childhood Educator Assistant License to Practice in BC required
• Infant Toddler/Special Needs Educator Certificate, or additional courses/training related to child growth and development are an asset
• Experience working with children in a child care/recreation setting
• Strong written and verbal and communication skills
• High level of organization and customer service skills
• Current First Aid and CPR certification required
• A clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
• A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required*
*Note: Cost reimbursed after successful completion of the probationary period.
To view the FULL job posting, including Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Application Instructions, visit: https://vancouverislandy.com/get-involved/jobs-at-the-y/
YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island
1. Application Deadline: This posting will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
2. Internal applicants are expected to inform their supervisor prior to application.
3. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
4. Short-listing will take place as applications are received.
5. We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is an equal opportunity employer.