The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre is currently looking for a full time Early Childhood Educator – Float (Infant Toddler Educator license would be an asset) for our Colwood Pacific Activity Centre location. This full time position is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. As this is a float position, it requires the flexibility to work between the hours of 6:30am and 5:30pm within our Daycare and other childcare programs as required. Rate of pay for this position is $21.00 per hour, plus wage enhancement. Personal transportation is recommended due to limited bus service.
We offer a positive work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package (after completion of the probationary period) including an extended Health, Dental, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance, and a matching RRSP program after working a set amount of hours. Other perks include paid sick leave, paid birthday day off, and professional development opportunities.
A copy of the full job description can be found under the “About Us” → “Careers” tab on our website www.esquimaltmfrc.com.
Please send us your resume with an accompanying cover letter describing how your experience meets the skills and requirements of the MFRC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Competition #77 in the subject line of your email application in order to be considered. A review of resumes will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
The Esquimalt Military Family Resource Centre thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Valid Provincial Early Childhood Educator’s (ECE) License to Practice
- Valid Provincial Infant Toddler Educator’s (ITE) License to Practice
- Valid First Aid Certification and Level ‘C’ CPR
- Up-to-date Attorney General’s Criminal Record Review
- Documentation in accordance with Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues that affect children of military families
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, community members, fellow staff, and building personnel
- A mature sense of responsibility and accountability with respect to your profession
- Team approach
- Proficiency in French considered an asset