Company: Bredale Dairy Ltd.
Business Information: We are a dairy farm
Business Location: 49055 Prairie Central Rd. Chilliwack, BC, V2P 6H3
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Permanent– Full-time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Monitoring animal health
· Feed and tend cows and calves
· Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
· Milk cows and calves
· Clean pens and barns
· Detect disease and health problems in livestock and care of animals
· Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
· Write daily basic progress reports
· Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns and pens
· Handling animals
· Preparing feed ration as specified by formula
· Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning where the animals lay
-Education: Not required
-Experience is an asset
-Milking machinery or equipment knowledge is an asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive Tasks, physically demanding, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling, standing for extended periods of time, Attention to detail.
-Personal suitability: Flexibility, Able to work on its own as well as part of a team.
-Work site environment: Outdoors, Odours, wet/damp
Salary: $16.50 to $18.00 hourly, 45-55 hours per week.
Benefits: Paid lunch and coffee breaks time provided. Accommodation available at a discounted rate. If the worker needs to relocate, the travel expenses will be covered by the employer.
Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule is Monday to Sunday with 2 days off on a rotational basis. There are 3 shifts: 4:00 AM to 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM. Minimum 2 shifts per day.
**Shifts may vary, overtime work will be required**
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Mailing address: 49055 Prairie Central Rd. Chilliwack, BC, V2P 6H3
Fax number: 604-794-7652